- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Bengalgram dhal - 3 tbl.sp.
- Green chillies - 2
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Fry only bengalgram dhal in a little oil until golden brown.
- Soak the dhal for 15 minutes in a little water.
- Grind with chillies, coconut and salt. Season with mustard.
- It can be dilited with water or little buttermilk.
- 1 and a half tsp. of lime juice may be aded, if necessary.
- Coriander leaves can also be ground with this chutney or it may be used for garnishing.
- This is a side dish for dosai, vadai, idli, pongal, uppuma and other tiffin varieties.
coconut onion chutney
- Onion - 2 medium size
- Green chillies - 4
- Ginger - a small bit
- Tomato - 1 medium size
- Coconut scraped - 5 tb. sp.
method of preparation
- Cut onion, green chillies, ginger and tomato into small pieces.
- Fry onion, green chillies and ginger in a pan.
- After get fried well, add tomato and fry for a while.
- keep aside.
- Now add the scraped coconut into this mixture and grind with salt.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Don't heat this chutney after get ready.
- Mint leaves or coriander leaves can also be added.
Coconut chutney | Tomato chutney | Mint chutney | Coriander chutney