- Parboiled rice – 6 cups
- Black gram dhal – 2 cups
- Feenugreek - 2 tsp
- Salt – 6 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Soak dhal and rice seperately.
- And Soak feenugreek with the dhal itself.
- Soak for 5 - 6 hrs. (Wash them twice or thrice before soaking).
- Grind rice into a rough mass.
- Then grind dhal and fenugreek till it becomes very smooth and soft.
- Mix it with the rice mass.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Use a big vessel to keep the batter, because when it fermens it will increase in volume.
- Next day, prepare and steam idlies in a pressure cooker or idli cooker.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Idli | Rava idli | Dosai | Masala dosai | Rava dosai | Appam | Kuzhipaniyaram | Masala vadai | Idiappam | Ven pongal | Sarkarai pongal