semolina or rava kesari
- Rava - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbl. sp.
- Cashewnut - 6
- Cardomom - 2
- Saffron and kesari powder.
METHOD OF PREPARATIOn
- Boil one cup of water. Keep aside.
- Heat a tbl. sp. of ghee in a pan and fry rava until reddish.
- Keep a slow fire and add boiled water little by little stirring continuously.
- Stir well and when the rava is cooked well, add sugar. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ghee.
- When the mixture leaves the sides, add colourings and cardamom powder.
- Fry cashewnuts in ghee and add.
- Raisins may also be fried and added. Serve hot.
Rava kesari | Aval Kesari | Mysore pak | Mango kesari | Carrot-Papaya halwa | Sesame(Til) laddu