aval or beaten rice payasam
- Beaten rice - 2 to 3 tsp.
- Sugar - 6 tbl.sp.
- Milk -a small cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Cashewnut - 4
- Raisins - 8
- Kesari powder - a pinch (optional)
- Ghee - 2 tsp.
method of preparation
- In a 2 tsp. of ghee, fry the aval (beaten rice) to a reddish brown.
- Add about 100 ml. of water and stir at once. Otherwise, lumps will be formed.
- When the aval (beaten rice) is cooked well, add sugar. Mix well and let the sugar dissolve well.
- Remove from the fire. Add powdered cardomom and kesari powder (saffrons and pachaikarpuram may be added as flavourings) to the milk and mix well with the payasam.
- Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in a tsp. of ghee and add.
- If available milk can be used in place of water for boiling aval (beaten rice).
Milk payasam | Rice payasam | Aval payasam | Carrot payasam | Jackfruit payasam