- Carrot - 2 (150 gms)
- Sugar - 4 tbl. sp.
- Milk - 4 tbl.sp.
- Cardomom - 2
- Cashewnut - 4
method of preparation
- Cut the carrot into small pieces and cook well with enough milk and grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tsp. of ghee and add the carrot paste.
- Fry well and add sugar and little water. When the sugar dissolves well, remove from the fire.
- Add cardomom powder and fried cashewnuts.
- Add the milk and mix well just before serving. (Cashewnuts may be powdered coarsely even without frying and added to the payasam before serving.)
Milk payasam | Rice payasam | Aval payasam | Carrot payasam | Jackfruit payasam