jackfruit or chakka payasam
- Jackfruit flesh portion - 8 big
- Grated coconut - 1 cup (1/2 coconut)
- Grated jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Cardomom - 4
- Cashewnuts - 8
method of preparation
- Cut the jackfruit flesh into small pieces.
- Grind the coconut and squeeze the first thick coconut milk. Keep aside.
- Grind the coconut again and prepare the second milk and then squeeze out the milk for the third time.
- Keep the three containers of coconut milk seperately. (Each time squeeze out about 100 ml. of milk)
- Heat a little ghee and fry the fruit for five minutes.
- Now add the third milk and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add the grated jaggery.
- Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. Now add the second milk.
- After a few minutes, add the first milk and cardomom powder. Remove from the fire.
- Fry cashewnuts in a little ghee and add.
Milk payasam | Rice payasam | Aval payasam | Carrot payasam | Jackfruit payasam