- Blackgram dhal - 1/2 cup
- Raw rice - 3/4 cup
- Parboiled rice - 3/4 cup
- Feenugreek - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 and a half (big) tsp.
method of preparation
- Wash and soak raw rice and parboiled rice seperately.
- Soak dhal fenugreek for 3 hours. Grind rices into smooth paste.
- Grind dhal into smooth and soft mass.
- Mix with rice paste. Add salt well.
- If the dosai has to be prepared on the same day, mix a little soured buttermilk with the batter.
- If the batter is very thick, add little water and mix well.
- Grease the dosai pan using a clean rag or with a stalk of a brinjal.
- Add water and mix the batter to the correct consistency.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the centre.
- Spread the batter to form a circle with the back of the ladle. Pour a tsp. of oil around the dosai.with the help of a flat dosai spoon
- And cook the other side adding a tsp. of oil. It takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to prepare one dosai.
- If the dosais are prepared on the next day, the buttermilk need not be added.
- Keep the batter as such.
- It will get fermented by itself.
Idli | Rava idli | Dosai | Masala dosai | Rava dosai | Appam | Kuzhipaniyaram | Masala vadai | Idiappam | Ven pongal | Sarkarai pongal