- Raw rice flour - 2 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Butter - 2 tsp.
- Salt - 3/4 tsp.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Boil 1 cup of water well.
- Take off from the fire add salt, butter to it.
- Pour the water gradually into the rice flour and kneed finely.
- The flour should get cooked in that water itself.
- After it is cooled to handle, Mix the dough well with hands.
- Now fill into the idiappam maker and press to make idiappams.
- Steam in a idli cooker for 7 to 10 minutes in a low flame.
- And serve hot with coconut milk or vegetable stew.
preparation of coconut milk
- Grate the coconut using coconut scraper. Grind the coconut in the mixi with little quantity of water.
- Now pour hot water into that coconut and filter it to get milk.
- Add sugar and cardomom to the milk.
- This is the tasty and sweet side dish for idiappam.
Idli | Rava idli | Dosai | Masala dosai | Rava dosai | Appam | Kuzhipaniyaram | Masala vadai | Idiappam | Ven pongal | Sarkarai pongal