- Bengalgram flour - 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup.
- Ginger - a bit
- Curry and coriander leaves as required
- Green chillies - 2
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Onion - 4
- Ghee or dalda - 2tsp.
- Cooking soda - a pinch
method of preparation
- Add ghee or dlada to the baking soda and mix well.
- Add Bengalgram flour, rice flour, salt, chilli powder, chopped onion, green chillies, curry and coriander leaves (chopped).
- Prepare a dough with a little water which should not be very soft but somewhat powdery.
- Hewat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take a big lump (size of an orange) of dough and drop in small bits into oil and fry until reddish brown.
- The pieces may be of irregular shapes and sizes.
- Add nicely chopped cabbage instead of onion, if necessary.
- The tasty pakoda is ready and this dish is served with tomato sauce.
- Yam - a bit
- Peel and cut yam into small thin pieces. Mix with the other ingredients used for onion pakoda instead of onion and prepare pakodas.