Raw papaya coconut gravy
- Raw papaya - 1 medium size ( Peeled and cut inot cubes)
- Jaggery - 2 table spoon
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Dry chillies - 5 (roasted)
- Tamarind pulp - 1 table spoon.
- Onoin - 1 chopped
- Coconut oil - 2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
method of preparation
- Cook the raw papaya cubes in some water for about 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the jaggery and salt to taste. Again cook for about 3 minutes or till the papaya cubes are tender but not overcooked.
- Now grind the coconut, dry red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste with little amount water.
- Add the paste to the cooked papaya along with water and
mix gently to get gravy consistency. Add salt also.
- Boil for 3 minutes in simmer.
- Now take a pan and heat a coconut oil(Instead of coconut oil vegetable oil may be used). Add the chopped onion and saute for 4 minutes till brown colour exists.
- Add the sauted onion to the gravy just before serving.
- This gravy can be served with boiled rice, chappathi, dosa, idli, poori.